Thursday, September 3, 2009

1 Point Potato Soup


I LOVE potato soup. My mom always made a potato soup when I was growing up that had potatoes, onions, Velveeta and milk. (5 points/cup) I love it, but really the points aren't worth it to me. So, I have been hearing about this one point potato soup made with country gravy mix for a couple of months, but never could track down the recipe. Yesterday, my sister called and asked if I had seen this recipe. She gave it to me over the phone, so I made it this morning. I put the ingredients in the WW Recipe Builder and was pleasantly surprised with the 1 point per cup count! With just one point per cup, I can add a little grated cheese and bacon or faux sour cream (fat free Greek yogurt)!

So, here's the recipe!

1 30 oz. bag Ore-Ida O'Brien Hash Browns with peppers and onions (my sister doesn't like onions and peppers and used the Southern Style Hash Browns, but I love the onions and peppers)

2 cans of fat free chicken broth

1 packet of country gravy mix

Put hash browns and broth in the crock pot and cook on low for 4-8 hours. Mix in the gravy mix into the crock pot and cook 10-20 more minutes. Serve with grated cheese, sour cream, bacon or green onions.

Be sure you count any points for the add-ins!

1 comment:

  1. I have this recipe! lol Gee, had I only known you were looking for it. I haven't tried it yet, but I can tell we'll love it. I've been waiting for cooler weather to try it.

    ReplyDelete