Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Thanksgiving Gain...1.6 pounds

I knew I was in for a gain this week even before I stepped on the scale this morning. Last week, I lost 2.6 lbs, so I just knew that this week was going to be bad. It always seems to happen that way.

So, was it self-fulfilling prophesy? or the simple facts of knowing how my body works? I'm not sure, but I am up 1.6 lbs. this week. What is strange is that I no longer have the defeatist attitude about it that I once did. A month ago, I would have been ready to throw in the towel and give up. I mean really, Lori, you have been over 275 lbs. your entire adult life. How can you ever expect to lose weight? Who are you kidding? Besides you are comfortable here at 260ish...let's just throw in the towel, save the $40 bucks a month and spend it on chocolate.  Anyone else have that little voice in your head? Maybe it is just me, but I know that I must silence that voice or I will end up back at 339 or more!

Well, this gain is only temporary. It will be gone next week and hopefully, it will take some of its friends with it. I am (with the gain) 3 pounds away from a new WW milestone of 50 lbs. So, off we go to see if I can do it this week!

My tip for the week...eat more veggies!!! Looking back at my meals this past week, my fruit and vegetable servings were seriously lacking. So during our meeting today, we talked about food finds and one of the ladies talked about these Green Giant Just for One vegetables. They are zero or 1 point servings size portions. They steam in the microwave in their little package for 2 minutes. It is a great little snack or an addition to a frozen dinner. I bought the Cauliflower & Cheese Sauce, Broccoli & Cheese Sauce and Broccoli, Carrots & Italian Seasoning today at Wal-Mart. At $2.98 for a 4 pack, I'm not thrilled with the price. I tried the Cauliflower & Cheese Sauce today and seasoned it with a little Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning. I must admit that it was very tasty, and I'm not a huge fan of cauliflower either. For the points, they sure didn't skimp on the cheese sauce.

Well, now I'm off to check out everyone else's blog and see how we are all doing! Have a great Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I definitely have those little voices in my head! Or the ones that say "Lets get back on track Monday" or "Lets get back on track the 1st of the month" etc. You're not alone!

    ReplyDelete