Monday, November 30, 2009

Not Me Monday

It's that time of week again and I'm here to tell you what I've NOT been up to these days!

Well, I did not eat too much for lunch on Thursday like I'm sure that all of you didn't either. After polishing off all the turkey leftovers on Saturday, I did not cook a turkey breast in my slow cooker and force the entire family to again consume turkey so soon after Thanksgiving. (My parents let the turkey breast thaw and it had to be cooked, so technically it really isn't my fault...I could not let good meat go to waste, right?)

On the subject of turkey, I will totally not be cooking yet another one on Sunday for our church holiday dinner. And then again for Christmas, New Years, Valentine's Day and Easter! When I can get meat for 40 cents a pound, I can't help myself.  No, we totally did not somehow end up with 5 whole birds and a breast in our house in a matter of a few days.

Speaking of food, I am not sucking down 5-6 one liter bottles of water every day in hopes of flushing all the sodium and extra food from my system before I weigh in on Wednesday for fear of gaining this week. I did have a great weigh in on Wednesday and don't know how things will fall this week.

I did not eat a handful of butterscotch chips just because I wanted the Tupperware bowl that they were in to put something else in it tonight after I had run out of points.

After teaching a Sunday school lesson about Greedy Pete, the little boy who got greedy and ended up having spots all over his face from catching the Greedies, I did not tell my husband that the next time our little Butterbean got greedy, I was going to tell her that I am seeing greedy spots on her face. What kind of mother would do that anyway?

And about the chickens...I did not spend my holiday swapping out the nest boxes for the old buckets that I used first in hopes that they wouldn't poop in the buckets like they did the milk crates. I also didn't swap out the metal roosting pole for a 12 foot 2x4 just because the Backyard Chicken website said that they would like a 2x4 better and I was worried that their little feet would be too cold on the metal pole. I am not that into my chickens that I would go so far as to do that....or maybe I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment