Thursday, March 13, 2008

Grace, Grace, God's Grace!



Grace, Grace, God’s Grace! Grace that is greater than all our sins!
It really is an amazing thing, isn’t it? That the same God who made the Heavens and the Earth cares enough about me to send His only son to die for me. That even though I fail Him daily, He still loves me and wants what is best for me. It amazes me that when I pray His Holy Spirit speaks for me even when I don’t know what I need to pray.
The Bible says we are justified by grace. (Titus 3:7) Meaning that we are made righteous, not because of what we do, but because of what He has done for us. As Christians, we are the ONLY religion in which our salvation is based on grace. Every other religion is works based. Romans 11:6 tells us that our salvation comes from God’s Grace and not our works. We can’t earn it; grace is a gift from God.
In our Bible study, we have been studying about Joshua leading the children of Israel into the Promised Land. I was confused. Where is God’s Grace in the dealing with the people in each of these different cities? Why would God tell the children of Israel to destroy everything and everyone in the city of Jericho? Where was the grace for the people of Jericho? Then there was Rahab. She received God’s Grace, because she believed. In Joshua 2:11, Rahab proclaimed that the God of Israel was the God of the Heaven’s and Earth. She got it when everyone else in Jericho choose to fight. Rahab asked for grace! And Grace is what she received not only for herself, but for her entire family. Have you asked for God’s Grace today? He wants to give it to you.


Marvelous Grace of our loving Lord, Grace that exceeds our sin and our guilt, Yonder on Calvary’s mount outpoured, There where the blood of the Lamb was spilt . . . Grace, Grace, God’s Grace, Grace that is greater than all our sins!

No comments:

Post a Comment