Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Daddy's Gotcha!


The other morning, my daughter and I were awakened by one of the cats climbing in the mini blinds in the window above my bed. I tried to get him out of the blinds without waking EG, but when I pulled him, he dug his claws into the window sill and down came them mini blinds on top of my little one's head. Out popped the cat bearing claws and scratching EG's eye. EG started screaming! "Shhhhh! It's ok. Mommy's here. Mommy's here," I comforted her not realizing that she had a bleeding gash on her eyelid. I picked her up to survey the damage. Poor baby had a four inch scratch in her eye. She is fine now and her wound is healing, but it got me thinking about the comfort of a parent's arms. Whenever my little one wakes in the night, my husband or I will go pick her up and whisper those comforting words, "Mommy's gotcha." or "Daddy's gotcha." Sometimes as an adult when the whole world seems to be against me, I long for the comfort that can only come from a parent's loving embrace. Then I remember, I have a loving Heavenly Father that is always near. When you need the love remember these facts:

1.You Are God's Child - John 1:12-13
"Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God - children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God. (NIV Bible)
2. God Loves You - 1 John 3:1
How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called the children of God! And that is what we are! (NIV Bible)
3. You Have The Assurance Of Eternal Life - John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (NIV Bible)
4. He Put His Holy Spirit In You - 2 Corinthians 1:21-21 "Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit guaranteeing what is to come.
5. You Can Talk Directly To God - Matthew 7:7-11
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" (NIV Bible)
6. Nothing Will Ever Separate You From His Love - Romans 8:38
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Daddy's Gotcha!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love how your posts are always warm and inviting....you have a very comfortable style in your writing!

    Great Post

    ReplyDelete