Thursday, July 3, 2008

Independence Day


As I sit here typing this, I am thinking of where our nation started and where it is headed. I wonder if our founding fathers would even recognize the government that we now have? Would they be shocked at the size of the national government? Would they even be able to recognize this new experiment in democracy that they created? Would they marvel at how far we have come? Would they be saddened by what we have done? Are we basking in the freedom that they fought and died for? Or are we trying to become something they never intended for America?
Then I thought about our church. What would the twelve disciples think about the way we do church? What would Paul say to us if he were to write us a letter? What would Jesus do if He came to church today? What would Christ say about how I live my life? Am I living in the freedom that Christ died for? Or am I still a slave to sin and death? Thank God this week for the men and women who have died for our freedom in America and for His son’s sacrifice for our ultimate freedom. Then quit living like a slave and bask in the freedom that God has so richly blessed us with! God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment