Thursday, April 3, 2008


Well, it is mower season again! I know some folks are reading this and saying, “No, dear, mower season started several weeks ago.” I put it off as long as I could, but the weeds have taken over. I don’t mind mowing as long as:
· The grass isn’t too tall, the terrain is flat,
· The trash, toys and sticks are picked up,
· The mower is running smoothly,.
· There is plenty of gas,
· There are no rocks to be thrown.
· The weather isn’t too hot or humid.
Nope, I don’t mind mowing at all if all of the above conditions are met.
Isn’t that like telling someone about Christ? I don’t mind witnessing as long as:
· They are willing to listen.—Matt. 10:14, Luke 6:22-23
· They don’t ask questions that I can’t answer. Luke 12:12
· They are willing to follow the Roman Road to Salvation and not get off on all these sight-seeing trips. John 14:6
· They don’t want to do a doctrinal comparison of all the different religions. 1 Tim. 2:5
· They don’t bring up my past sins. –Eph 2:5
· They are ready to accept Christ! -1 Cor. 3:8
Sadly, when I was ready to mow Wednesday evening, it had been raining; the mower wouldn’t start; and the yard still had rocks and holes in it. Just like mowing, witnessing needs to be done. We are called to share our faith. The Bible has all the answers to my excuses. Stop making excuses and share Christ with others. Want more information on how to witness? Visit www.markcahill.org.

If sinners will be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our bodies. And if they perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees, imploring them to stay. If Hell must be filled, at least let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go there unwarned and unprayed for.
Charles Spurgeon

2 comments:

  1. I like that saying at the bottom! As always, another thought provoking post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your lawn mower is working I need to come borrow it as I seemed to have killed mine running over little child placed land mines

    ReplyDelete