Friday, December 16, 2011

Last Snowman Standing!

Photo by Fungalhorde

Always on the look out for new and interesting things to do with my homeschooler, I found a cute little game over on Math Wire called Last Snowman Standing. We did not have the cute little snowman beads that they used, so I pulled out a bag of jingle bells. Had I thought of it before, we could have made marshmallow snowmen to play with and then eaten them at the end. We also changed the rules and played it so the person with the most bells at the end won. I enlisted the help of my husband to play with us and for 30 blissful minutes, my little girl who has developed a distaste for addition added numbers on the dice. I won the game against my daughter, but lost to my husband. Oh well... We also learned to make tally marks! Tomorrow, we are going to play the same game only subtracting the smaller number from the larger. She had a great time! I love teaching when they don't even know that they are learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment